Sunday, September 20, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cheescake Brownie "Pizza"



I apologize for my hiatus, readers. September has been a busy, busy month (teachers everywhere roll their eyes in agreement). I have barely been able to cook for myself, let alone blog about cooking for myself. But, this all changed today, while lazily indulging in Sunday football and chicken wings with Tiho. (Who, by the way, is the best.boyfriend.ever because he makes me scrumptious breakfast in bed on the weekend. It's okay to be a little jealous).

Anyway, back to my point. Lazy Sunday, chicken wings...these things somehow spark a desperate craving for the immediate consumption of something sweet and gooey and chocolate-y...

In other words, a perfect opportunity to break in my brand new, state-of-the-art mixer (a gift from my mother for my 23rd birthday earlier this month). It has been grumpily sitting in its box for the past three weeks, definitely judging me, I'm sure, as I ignore it every day while rushing out to grad class; cup of coffee and hastily thrown-together sandwich in hand.

The mixer is beautiful and stately in all of its stainless steel wonder and I am very happy that I chose to indoctrinate it to my kitchen with this succulent Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Brownie "Pizza" recipe, adapted from Duncan Hines.

To make Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Brownie "Pizza," you need:

-1 Box Duncan Hines Fudge Brownie Mix (including 2 large eggs, 2 Tbsp water and 1/3 cup vegetable oil as per package directions)
-1 8 oz package of plain cream cheese
-1/4 cup butter, softened
-1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
-3 Tbsp white sugar
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1 large egg
-1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized bowl, mix the cream cheese and butter until soft. Stir in flour, sugar, vanilla and egg. Mix until smooth. Set aside.

In a separate bowl, prepare the brownie mix following directions on the box. (Stir brownie powder mix, eggs, oil and water thoroughly).

Grease 8x8 round baking pan. Pour 3/4 of the brownie batter into pan. Layer the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie batter. Using a butter knife, swirl in the remaining brownie batter on top. Sprinkle the chocolate chips and then bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely before slicing into mini "pizza" slices. Serves 8-12.

3 comments:

  1. Holy (string of curse words). This looks absurdly delicious. If its called pizza, I can totally eat it for dinner, right? YUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. gotta try your pizza pie...life is short, eat dessert first right? so i've been waiting much longer between meals lately, and I find food tastes better when you're ravenous. tonight i had corn,a lil butter n a touch of salt, with some leftover grits & pan fried talapia in olive oil, salt & pepper, butter n breadcrumbs, a squeeze of lime all on a bed of pasta with just a touch of gravy..i think you've influenced the way i cook, much more conscious of what's on hand, simplifying & truly savoring every bite.bon appetit!

    ReplyDelete