Monday, June 29, 2009

Pancakeology



Summer, for me, means fresh fruit. And lazy mornings mean pancakes. What do you get when you put the two together? A deliciously indulgent breakfast of buttermilk pancakes with fresh strawberries, blueberries and honey!

I woke up around 10:00am this morning, ran to the kitchen in my pj's, and turned on the stove. I was craving pancakes. I mean, I needed pancakes immediately. Luckily, pancakes take about four minutes to make, so my stomach didn't have too long to wait.

The history of the pancake is not something I often think about, but, for some reason today, as I was holding the spatula waiting for the telltale surface bubbles to form (indicating readiness to flip), I found myself thinking, "Pancakes are strange. Where do they come from?" And so while eating my pancakes, I did a little research. If the history of the pancake tickles your interest as well, click here for a quick read: pancakeology

Otherwise, go make some pancakes!

2 comments: