Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What's in a Kitchen?


The kitchen is often the deal breaker for home buyers. That, and wood floors. My mom (licensed in real estate), firmly insists that this is true. I (not licensed in real estate), would agree.

What's so great about a kitchen? When you think about it, it's just a room filled with large beeping boxes and odd smells in rapidly changing temperatures. But alas, it is in the kitchen where the majority of my childhood memories lie, where a lifetime of conversations take place, where report card honors are displayed, where chocolate chip cookies and chicken pot pie are born.


Food naturally brings people together. We store, create and prepare food in kitchens. Kitchens, then, bring people together. And that which brings people together, is very very special indeed.

I love my quaint New York City kitchen. It is the main reason I chose my apartment (though, the wood floors didn't hurt either).

1 comment: