Sunday, June 28, 2009

Scrumptious Summer Salad



My first year of teaching ended two days ago which means I am greedily & hungrily savoring in the sweet smells of summertime! I found myself alone in my apartment on this balmy Sunday evening, staring into the refrigerator trying to decide what to make for supper. I was craving something cold, refreshing, zesty...and this is what I came up with:

The Super Fast, Super Scrumptious, Super Healthy Summer Salad! Now, I am a major salad fan and appreciate a variety of assorted salads, but I must say, this creation has found a place on my "favorite" list.

Here's what I put in mine:

Mixed lettuce (Romaine, iceberg, & Raddicchio)
Dried cranberries
Feta Cheese
Candied Walnuts
Sauteed Chicken in olive oil & light seasonings, chopped
Lemon Tarragon dressing


I paired my lovely salad with a hunk of Ciabatta bread and a cold glass of Riesling.
So perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment