Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mini Crostini with Feta Artichoke Dip & Tomato



I am slightly obsessed with Westside Market's assorted dips and spreads. I am at Bank Street (my graduate school) at least four days a week and Westside Market is my go-to stop for fantastic noshes. The popular gourmet grocery store always has delicious (and abundant!) samples including a dip station featuring flavors such as "Creamy Spinach Florentine," "Goat Cheese with Sun-Dried Tomato" and my personal favorite, "Feta with Spicy Artichoke."

I love the dip because it is so fresh and savory without any unnecessary added preservatives. I decided to try and recreate it because of the simplicity of the ingredients. My version looked and tasted nearly identical to the original which only furthered my admiration of it. Tasty AND simple! I ate it on cute, miniature, crunchy crostini bread ("Petite Toaste", according to the label), topped with fresh tomato slices.

To make the dip, you need:

-1 small block of feta cheese (not crumbled)
-4-5 artichoke hearts, chopped (completely fine to use the canned kind because the juices keep the hearts nice and soft...perfect for blending in with the feta and herbs!)
-1 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
-1-2 tsp oregano & rosemary (adjust to personal preference)
-1 clove garlic, minced
-1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix well and refrigerate so flavors can permeate together. Serve on crackers, bagel chips, ciabatta bread, crostini...honestly, the dip is sooo good it really won't matter what you eat it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment