Friday, July 17, 2009

Scramblin' Around


I did a little experiment tonight. I was in a strange mood and decided to make a dish using the first five ingredients I saw when I opened my fridge.

They were:

-Eggs
-Tofu
-Red onion
-White button mushrooms
-Parsley

Surprisingly, all of these ingredients happen to go well together. I got pretty lucky with the randomness factor. Aside from the tofu, the other four foods are usually standard mix-ins for an omelet. And, after I tasted my random scramble, tofu will now be standard too.

I can imagine at least half of you wrinkling up your noses in distaste. Tofu?? No way. I know, I know...you either love it or you refuse to try it. But, if you can find it in yourself to trust me, I actually think that this scramble is a decent way to warm up to tofu if you are in that latter category. It blends well with the other ingredients and is almost the same texture as the scrambled egg. (FYI: I also added some salt and pepper to my scramble...I counted those as "freebies" in my experiment).

Give the tofu a try. The worst that can happen is you waste five minutes of your day scrambling some eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment